Co-Mo Country depends on coal-based generation for affordable electric power. Using the Clean Air Act to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from power plants would disproportionately burden Co-Mo members, which is why we’re standing up for you and asking for a more balanced, sensible solution than what’s currently being proposed.
But to be as effective as we can possibly be, we need your help.
Please visit Action.coop and watch the video from Jo Ann Emerson, former Missouri Representative and the CEO of the National Association of Electric Cooperatives. Then sign up to be kept up-to-date on the latest news so we can quickly get in touch with you when we need you to act.
Need some background?
- CEO/General Manager Ken Johnson talks about what’s at stake.
- Co-Mo’s power supplier committed to cleaner environment.
- Research focuses on lower-cost, effective environmental solutions.
- Controlling carbon, costs for co-op members.
- What sources provide your power in Missouri?
- How many megawatts of power production would be lost if Missouri coal plants were shut down.
- Are co-ops involved in renewable power?
- Where are the power plants that supply your power?
- What’s another power-supply option?